Monday 16 June 2014

summer essentials

hello!!!
        summer is finally just around the corner..I have never looked forward to summer as much as I have done this year. After 2 months of exams, I think summer is a well deserved break. During summer whether at home or away you really don't want to spend hours doing makeup for it to just melt away. So here are 5 summer essentials for me ☀️

1) a light base with SPF 

this bourjois 123 perfect CC cream for me ticks all the boxes. It's light weight, covers everything but still allows your skin to show through. This has anti redness which is perfect if you've been in the sun just a wee bit too long. It also has anti fatigue and dark spots. 

This comes in a perfect squeezey tube making slapping it on even easier. The only down side I find with this tube is that if any pressure is put on it, it leaks everywhere..so maybe not too handy for travelling. Other than it has an SPF 15 which is always a bonus and especially good for summer.

This is sucha blendable CC cream and it stays on all day without fading or going patchy. 

2) a matte bronzer

The only bronzer I can think of is Hoola from benefit..you really can't go wrong. I have kind of medium skin (mac NW20) and this bronzer suits my skin tone perfectly no matter how much I apply it always looks ok. This is perfect for contouring and just an all over bronze. 

it comes in the typical benefit box'o'powders box which is super compact and handy for on the go. It is big enough to swirl your brush around..it's just perfect.
it is a buttery texture which applies amazingly without making you look an umpa lumpa. As you can see mine has been well loved. 

3) a shimmery pink blusher

Benefit once again ticking all the boxes with their rockateur blusher. This only came out around last year and I had to get my paws on it. When I first applied this I was so disappointed by how shimmery it was but it had just been sprayed with shimmer which soon went away after one or two uses. Don't get me wrong it is still fairly shimmery but it is subtle and makes you glow.


I am really not too keen on the packaging of this one but hey, it's whats inside that counts. 


This blusher is the perfect blusher for everyday as it's not in your face or overly shimmery. It has the same texture as hoola and smells amazing! I've seen certain people say they hate the smell so definitely give it a whiff before buying it. 

4) a highlighter 

I wear highlighter everyday (channeling my inner Kim kardashian) I love soap and glory glow all out. It matches perfectly with the blusher as it is peachy. 


The packaging looks vintage almost. It's cardboard and flips up and down. 

 as you can see from the swatch it's got a pinky undertone to it which is really flattering on the skin. I just sweep a wee bit on my cheekbones and it brings my face back to life. 

5) lip balm/gloss 

I've been using the Hawaiian tropic lip gloss for about 3 years. It smells incredible, gives your lips an amazing tint and shine. It also has an SPF 25 which is perfect for on holidays. 


This lipgloss isn't sticky although on a windy day you'd be best to have your hair up. This is perfect for adding subtle colour and shine. 


It's quite a thick lipgloss but it doesn't feel it once it is on your lips. I have been through about 5 tubes of this stuff, it's literally a life saver. 


                      Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment